I suggest you ...

To display an overall/average rating

It should display what the average rating is like: http://awesomescreenshot.com/026gh9saf

The different amounts for each star is not needed. Just one average one would be perfect to know. It is hard to tell what people think if there are many reviews.

298 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AshkanAshkan shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JamieJamie commented  · 

It would be nice to have a little php hook or shortcode to enter a condensed summary into a page or archive, like this: http://snag.gy/SJgVp.jpg

• Anonymous commented  · 

Individual amounts for each star is definitely needed, but YES definitely and overall average is a must! We totally need that and also a way to list top ratings for each individual category, say you have 5 categories and want to list the top 5 for each category, or the top 1 for each category showing 5....please do this

• DanDan commented  · 

Yes my preference for how this would be invoked is (in order of preference) php function call in template, shortcode, widget.

• GleesonsGleesons commented  · 

I like customizable so if my client wants to show how many ratings or % of each star level they can, or if just the overall rating they can. Or in one location they can use the overall and in another location they can use the detailed star rating.

• Eric WallmanderEric Wallmander commented  · 

It should be customizable how a average rating is presented. Besides average of 5 stars (eg. 4.6/5) you can show this as a percentage (eg. 86%). Insperation from sites like tripadvisor.com and rottentomatoes.com.

• TobyToby commented  · 

Personally prefer ratings with multiple categories, like service, quality etc, so i can better understand the product/business and the review that accompanies it.

• Anonymous commented  · 

further to this, adding the ability to insert the average rating anywhere on a page (via a shortcode) or on other pages for category listings

one user in the support forum articulated it quite well

the ability to have " ... an expanded list of items (or products) with an average rating generated from the individual ratings on the product post page."

thanks

• fatihfatih commented  · 

Doesnt this plugin support this feature?

Feedback and Knowledge Base